Did you know that South Australia have now banned all single use plastics? Plastic items like straws, cutlery and cups are a big contributor to landfill. Worse still is that disposable plastics often find their way into our waterways, which kills countless wildlife.
Luckily there are better options available for your business that are better for the environment. Before you choose harmful plastic products, ask yourself these questions:
Can you reuse it?
By far the best way to reduce harmful waste is to reuse and re-purpose products. For example, an empty drink bottle can be refilled, or an empty jam jar can be cleaned and used to store small items.
Can single use plastics be recycled?
Many plastics can be recycled… but not all of them. Always look for the recycle logo on the packaging.
Will it bio-degrade?
Bio-degradable products break down naturally, reducing pollution. Unfortunately plastic does not bio-degrade and lasts almost forever. Eventually plastic items end up in landfills around the world.
Victoria will start banning single use plastics in less than a year’s time, so don’t wait until it’s too late. Check out some great environmentally friendly alternatives available for delivery throughout Victoria.
- Enviro Friendly Paper Straws$53.65 +GST
- EnviroPlus BioActive Toilet Tissue Jumbo (8 x 300m rolls)$77.38 +GST
- EnviroPlus BioActive Toilet Tissue (48 rolls)$77.55 +GST
- Stainless steel desert spoon – pack of 12$9.25 +GST
- WGAC Classic 100% recycled 3 ply toilet tissue (48 rolls)$59.00 +GST
- Bio-degradable paper coffee cups 8oz – box of 1000$90.59 +GST
- Stainless steel forks – pack of 12$9.25 +GST
- ProSill reusable uncorded silicone earplugs in plastic case (each)$3.99 +GST
- GoJo bio-degradable foam soap 1250ml pod$28.12 +GST